Saturday 25 April 2020

April Roses. (Revised)


April roses in my garden!
The golden tulips have lost their glory,
Their delicate chalices torn to shreds,
Threads of silk scattered, decaying,
Dissolving into sodden earth.

But three small roses were born this morning,
Breaking out from tight green buds.
Lazarus butterflies bursting their shrouds.
White blossoms on the crown of thorns.
Three white doves resting their wings.

Sheltering at home from Corona virus
My garden has become my sacred space,
My fenced in refuge, my Ark of safety,
My window on the world of nature.

A small square window drenched in colours.
A stained glass window shimmering light.

My rose tree blooming on Saint Mark`s day?
White blossoms on the crown of thorns.


Trevor John Karsavin Potter.
April 25th. - 26th. 2020.
I do not expect to see a rose tree blooming in my garden until late May or early June.

No comments:

Post a Comment