Wednesday 5 June 2019

A Lass Unparalleled.


You walked in through the door and took over my life.
One moment I was an individualist without a care or a sous,
The next I had a partner for life.
                                                    I did not try to impress you,
I sat talking to your mother about the news and the weather
While she smoked a cigarette and ate my chocolate mousse,
But your silence told more stories than any word she spoke,
And your eyes never looked away from me.
                                                    That night we slept together,
Our limbs intertwined, your head lolling on my shoulder,
While the traitor clock ticked away the hours,
                                                              And a frosty moon
                                                Shimmered through the window.
                                Your mother fretted in her lonesome room,
She sought to be with me, but it was you who took me over,
With the absolute integrity of your love.
                                                You are a lass unparalleled, and I
Am honoured by your quiet and thoughtful presence.


Trevor John Karsavin Potter.
June 5th. 2019. 

No comments:

Post a Comment