Saturday 16 April 2016

Music Frozen in Lost Time.(Revised)


Listening to Satie
I dream the smile of my Sufi love
Who renounced me
To dance
                To sing her way
Into the the Hyacinth scented hands
Of Allah.


And I must sit alone at night,
A book of verse
                           A cup of wine
But Thou no longer with me,
Only the shadow of your smile
Sheltering my fragile dreams from moonlight
That would freeze me into forgetfulness,
                           Into a deep anarchic terror
As I sit at home
                           A reluctant hermit
Quarantined in my loneliness.


Listening to Satie,
Music frozen in lost time,
I dream the girl that once I knew
Skateboarding down a hill in Brighton
                            Fists punching scorching morning sunlight,
Hair caught free
                            By the salt white seaside wind
Of early summer,
My photo lodged inside her pocket
Then her secret talisman.


Trevor John Karsavin Potter.
April 16th. - 17th. 2016.


No comments:

Post a Comment