Tuesday 6 September 2022

Unsettled Weather. (Revised).

Ink blue sky.
Houses reflecting the afternoon light
Are whiter than paper.
The late summer heat, solid as marble
Without a single flaw,
Holds me back.
I cannot think - or write - or paint in
                                      this weather,
Clarity of sunlight does not sharpen 
                                   the imagination
Like the onset of summer rain.

Moist grey shadows drift across 
                                            landscapes
Darkened by low cloud.
Mud clogs my shoes, 
But I can walk for miles in such weather,
Observing a revitalized world;
The wind ransacking through tree tops;
Wild water tumultuous in gullies.

This is the world as I love it,
Heartland of the northern gods.


Trevor John Karsavin Potter.
4th. - 6th. - 7th. September 2022.





No comments:

Post a Comment