Tuesday 13 September 2022

(1).My Life in Three Pictures, (2) Poem of The Dispossessed.(Poem Now Revised).

How my life felt to me aged 10


How my life feels to me now.



Poem of The Dispossessed.

I reside where chaos and order collide
In an abstract city of concrete and steel, 
The alleyways littered with junk and glass.
I balance on a knife edge of joy and fear,
Balance on the hardened point of the knife
That can dissect a man,
Skin a shark. 
This is my life from hour to hour
Poised like an acrobat on a wire
Slung between two concrete spires.
The fields I romped in when a child
Too soon ploughed up to build this city.

Tonight I watch a coffin pass,
Driven in silence through wintry rain,
A plain wooden box filled with echoes
Of what a life could have been.
Echoes of days when Larks soared and sang.
Echoes of a trapped man screaming out loud.

Trevor John Karsavin Potter. September 14th. - 15th. 2022. October 23rd. 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment