Wednesday, 17 June 2020
October Morning. (Revised).
I thought about you all day - today,
The sun white on your morning face
As you lay - imperious - in my tumbled bed,
Your shirt wide open to your navel,
Your smile - a crescent moon - of grace.
I studied your eyes, heavy with shadow,
Your eyes, once sad, fierce with the laughter
Of a woman who has won against all odds.
"You fought like a tigress", I whispered archly,
But I was never going to let you lose.
Is it seven long years since we hugged in the doorway?
Seven long years of phone calls and emails?
I have thought about you every day - since then.
It seems you have completely taken over my mind.
Trevor John Karsavin Potter.
15th. - 16th. - 17th. June 2020.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Buying incense by moonlight - The swiftly jostling crowds are all strangers. I walk slowly through the mulch Eyes tracking my footsteps beca...
-
Poem 1. The trees are different today. The stark outlines have gone, and a few have pink ...
-
Waiting for something Waiting for a sign - a warning A word A kiss A hug in the dark A promise of renewal Certainly not goodbye My dreams a...
Memory hilights certain details intensely. Others it rejects.
ReplyDelete