Monday 4 February 2019

(1) Sharp Winter Light.(2) Meaux.

              1.

Sharp Winter Light.

A delicate, ethereal, early morning,
Bright sunlight reflected through still water,
Through thin ice.
Nothing substantial,
Rock solid, immutable.
Nothing how we believe it should be.

The morning air seems to glisten with crystals,
Ice crystals in the atmosphere,
Invisible to us
But leaving clear traces.
The sky a mirror reflecting blue oceans,
A mirror dazzling deep in God`s eye.

I open the front door and enter the house,
I step out of the sunlight into the shadows,
Into the private space I created.
Out of the World view,
The world and his wife.
I retreat from the jarring confusions of street life
Where peace of mind is a no go area
And I am just a face in the crowd.

But today the street scene outside my front window
Seems to be new made, transfigured, exalted.
I stand at the window, stunned by the beauty
Revealed in a place I thought brash and mundane.

A delicate, ethereal, winter morning,
Everyone that I meet wears a broad smile.
When I enter the house I am a sleepwalker,
Someone cut off from friends and relations.
Someone cut off from the bustle of life.
But today I stepped out into the sunlight
And saw the world as it truly is,
Exquisite and sacred,
Fragile and dazzling,
Paradise in my very own street.

At that moment my heart began to thrum fiercely
As though I had joined an ecstatic dance.


Trevor John Karsavin Potter.
January 30th. 2019.


              2.

        Meaux.

Dear Mrs. May
I want to live in Meaux,
My lovely Meaux.
Why do you stand in the way?
Why do you stand in the way?


Trevor John Karsavin Potter.
February 4th. 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment