Monday 2 May 2016

(1) In the British Museum.(Revised) (2) The Stone Paste Pot. (3) April Snow.

                       1

    In the British Museum.


Blue and white ceramics,
Small moments of absolute quietness
In a room packed with chattering tourists.

I am reminded of last Sunday by the lake,
Only the sound of a stone skimming the surface
Making me look up from my book.

I had put aside my copy of Hamlet
And was reading Omar Khayyam in the twilight
To bring some peace to my mind.

But just now, as I studied a vase, Iranian 17th. Century,
I heard that woman nearby talk of Ophelia.
That woman with the odd imperious accent,
So like yours when you were young.

And in an instant I became aware of the spidery cracks
Deep in the ancient glaze,
The split in the rim of the vase.

"So that`s how it always is", I silently cursed,
"Love has never been a reliable peace maker,
And rocks get thrown without warning".


Trevor John Karsavin Potter.
May 2nd. - 3rd. - 4th. 2016.  

----------------------------------------------------

                 2.

  The Stone Paste Pot.


This blue pot is a single sturdy poem,
Not quite complete, the handle missing,
The Arabic inscription like a wave
Disturbing the still water
But not reaching the shore.


Trevor John Karsavin Potter.
May 2nd. - 3rd. 2016. 

------------------------------------------------------

                  3.

              
                April Snow.


                 April Snow
A veil covering a young brides face
             To hide her tears.


Trevor John Karsavin Potter.
May 4th. 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment