Tuesday 13 November 2012

Betrayals and Redemption. (Revised).

Infidelity creates poetry,                but don`t try it.
Love that is certain overcomes pain and treachery
But innocence is kinder, less wearing to the nerves,
And in no way corrosive.
We fuck ourselves up when we sleep around, so true
                                                                              My Baby,
Must I remind you? No, not really, and I am not angry about
                                                                   those other men,
Their expertise in the sack is of little concern to me,
Nor the bitter legacies they have scattered far behind them,
Like dropped newspaper cuttings on the sidewalk.-
                                                            I am just a little narked,
That is all;
                Well, that is all that I can ever dare admit to.
I know that you have coveted them in some shallow, simple way,
Like the bling proffered by rich men on the make,.
But our love has always seemed much less provisional than that,
                                                                              my lovely,
Or at least I hoped to think so.
& yet my behaviour has not always been so perfect ,
                                                                           believe you me,
Accepting inferior offers when they just happened to catch my eye
Like off the shelf Lost Leaders.
But I have always only                                      ever wanted you,
My only full term lover.
And so kiddo, perhaps we should now snuggle up and get our act together,
We have broken all the rules, but from now on, let us keep them
Inviolate and certain.        We have never lived at peace without each other.


Trevor John Karsavin Potter. 
13th. November 2012. - August 23rd. 2014.

When reading my poems it is important to know that my first love is Theatre..

No comments:

Post a Comment