Monday 10 July 2023

Letting the Light In. For S.... Revised & Completed Poem. (plus 1 painting)

Thinking only in black and white
I dipped the pencil into water
Then drew thick lines, squares and circles,
Onto the rough grained paper.
But suddenly I remembered your morning 
                                                           smile,
Radiant with Southdown sunlight,                               
And, ceasing to plan ahead, to value order,
I grabbed every colour that seemed entirely 
                                                            right
To dance an anarchic dazzle
Over the vacant spaces. 
I have never been able to tell you how 
                                        fabulous you are,
Especially you skating the width and
                                         breadth of town,
Chasing the seagulls with a laugh and a shout.
To me you are the midsummer`s morning 
                       gatecrashing the revels of night.

Trevor John Karsavin Potter, 
10th. - 16th. July 2023.

For me the kingdom of night is England under Johnson and Sunak.
The girl in this poem is a genuine lady, a true spreader of spiritual light.




No comments:

Post a Comment