Saturday 22 July 2023

Grief Shatters All Hope. For P...(Completed Poem).




Now you have gone
I am lost in a self made maze of metal and glass
Through which I can glimpse distorted images
Of all things past,
But tomorrow is just a darkness,
A shadow on the retina that terrifies
As though the onset of blindness
Is imminent and not to be avoided.
This is the jail I have built for myself from grief,
A jail that I can never now cut free from
Although I have made the cells, the locks, the keys
With my own self deceptions and anxieties.

Now you are gone love is out of the question,
All the new faces I see are blank - are meaningless.
Dreams - the past reimagined. - my one reality;
The truth is far too brutal - far too harrowing.

Trevor John Karsavin Potter. 
23rd. - 25th. July 2023.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment