Friday 30 June 2023

Speak to me Face to Face. 4 Pictures and a Poem..







Speak to me face to face,
Your hand in mine.
Intermediaries can only muddy the waters
That should be crystal clear,
Shot through with sunlight.

Speak to me face to face
Your lilting music,
Not staccato scraps of words
Printed on borrowed paper,
Then delivered in company envelopes 
That have seen far better days.

Your news is always difficult,
Packed with questions;
You have never been an easy person to cherish.
So speak to me face to face, not from the shadows, 
I would rather see the pale blue of your eyes
Expressing the true intensity of your Being
Than squint through abstract jottings, black on white.

And never send a go between, or friend;
They can only tell the story as they heard it,
Or dreamed they`d heard before reception died. 
Oh please make tracks from your sanctum to mine,
Or greet me on the way between the two,
Some place where we can talk without distractions.

Speak to me face to face,
Your hand in mine.
The marriage of true minds can make us whole.
While we are apart we are truly alone and broken.

 Trevor John Karsavin Potter, 
July 5th. 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment