Thursday 5 January 2023

Twelfth Night 2023. (Revised and Completed).

No chance of a party
I chuck paint at the board
With a chaotic precision
So like throwing streamers high in the air
Over the heads of dancers.

Tonight is the night of misrule,
But I take my chances alone, not in a 
                                                 crowd
of revelers 
                   waltzing the world upside
                                                   down
Until the chimes at midnight.
Then they will holla for their mice drawn carriages,
Glass slippers stashed in gold handbags.
No, tonight I am certainly not one of them,
I have other priorities.

Fingers caked in oil paint - time becomes irrelevant
As I scrape and daub and draw,
Burnt Sack sizzling over on the gas stove -
An ageing mister Cinders 
Sat down among the ashes
With no invite to the Ball;
My window lit by a single candles glow.

I wildly mash the colours as I try to articulate
An anger that keeps my hopes alive 
Far from where the ticket holders Tango.
Tonight is the night of misrule.
Will I ever ride a pumpkin to the Ball?

Trevor John Karsavin Potter. 5th.- 6th.- 7th.  January. - 8th. - 10th.  February. 2023.

1 comment:

  1. Nice write, and a much more structured picture than I'd visualised from the text. I really rate both items all the same.

    ReplyDelete