Friday 14 January 2022

Paintbrush Meditations, - Four Short Poems About Art. (Revised Sequence).

                        1.

Love the new painting I just painted,
Not because I painted it
But because I painted it with love.

                       2.

Art is my language;
I cannot talk small-talk to strangers,
Or neighbours,
Or old friends,
Its far too insensitive,
Far too out of touch.
But the paintings I paint are not mute,
They will tell you the whole of my story
If you just stay still
And look.

                        3

No, I will not sell my paintings
Even though you beg me.
They are the reason I exist.
They are my children.
They are everything I am.
I cannot sell a part of myself
Even if snide loan sharks 
Batter down the door.
Only a fool could sell his child
To buy a loaf of bread.
Once the bread is finished
Then everything is lost.
No, I will not sell my paintings;
What you do when I am dead is up to you.
                         
                        4.

This painting tells an intimate story.
It does not give up its secrets easily,
If it did it would not be true to life,
Our squabbles and our laughter.
Love this painting, not because I painted it,
It is a law unto itself, outside the wall of words.


Trevor John Karsavin Potter, 
14th. - 16th. - 21st January 2022. 

No comments:

Post a Comment