Wednesday 25 December 2019

Three Poems Written on Christmas Day.

The Complete Poems of Li Ch`ing - chao.


   This little book of poems in my pocket,
A whole way of life sheltered from the rain;
             Black lines on white pages.



                        Missing You.


Last night when I opened the window to touch the rain,
        Your tears ran down my cheeks, cold and salty,
      As though your face was pressed up close to mine.
        And yet our home was emptied of your laughter
      So long ago                        I cannot count the days.

         Christmas without you is no longer Christmas.
            This little book of poems that you gave me
              Is now a mute reminder of your absence.

                Black lines printed onto fragile pages.

        Streaks of winter rain course down the window.



                           The Simple Gift.


          This little book of poems that you gave me.
                Petals falling like a shower of snow.


Trevor John Karsavin Potter.
25th. December 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment