Tuesday 17 December 2019

No Looking Back. (Postscript to my Japanese Calendar Sequence).


Farewell my Japanese Calendar.
Farewell my Hokusai prints.
For a year you have delighted me each morning
When I checked my appointments for the day.
You have taken my mind on a long and sinuous journey
Through fields and brooding mountains,
Beside lakes and mysterious rivers,
And across the echoing depths of dream filled seas.
For a year you have taught me a new way of seeing
That has transformed my perspective on the art of daily living.
For a year you have slowly taught me
The clear mindset of Zen.
But now I must put you away, among books in my bedroom library,
A mute but tangible memory of a strange and remarkable year.
And I must continue my day to day journey, each hour melding into
                                                                                                 another,
Until the pictures blur into strangeness,
And the future is simply a word.


Trevor John Karsavin Potter. 
December 17th. 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment