Friday 21 October 2016

Breaking the Code. (Revised Version).


She sat next to me
like a cat
on a cushion purring,
her shoulder, touching mine,
slightly stooped
as she looked away,
far, far away,
into imagined distance,
the secret utopian hills
of her imagination.

I could not talk to her,
she loved too much the silence,
the silence,
strong and eloquent,
of that true companionship,
that only loyal children
and long term lovers know.
And the scent of her warm breath
filled the narrow bedroom
like the scent of autumn roses.

"I must leave now, it is nearly half past seven.
I will telephone you once I get to France,
I am staying overnight in Central Paris.
Oh, & please do not watch me as I leave the house,
saying goodbye is just a bourgeois convention".

She picked up her suitcase and strode to the door
seeming so confident as she went,
but her face was as pale as frosted glass.


Trevor John Karsavin Potter.
October 20th. - 21st. - 23rd. 2016.
December 17th. - 18th. 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment