Sunday 22 September 2013

Loss.

Tasting your wine

                Inconsolable

Stung by bitterness

                I think of you

Holding the child towards me



My Love

Your absence darkens my world view

An iron curtain shutting down
The light that I had always lived by

As though I was not there



Tonight I miss you talking to me

Enigmatic

                Soulful

Almost priest like when you lied



I would note the oblique lilt of your laughter
Those times you sorted dried flowers in the kitchen

Your chair tilted back

The child asleep in your arms



It is too hard - too hard - to live alone
Bearing the weight of a memory
That
         I cannot now shrug off

With the ease that I shredded your photo



Trevor John Karsavin Potter
22nd. September 2013.
Part sketched 4th. - 7th. December 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment