Monday 7 January 2019

Fernweh. (New Ending).


I have never yet found my true home,
I have always only been
                                       "on Location",
A displaced person searching for my
                                           Soul Land
Far from the melancholy shores of
                                          England,
Or the misty time soaked forests of
                                          Fermanagh,
The frozen hilltops of far Nova Scotia.


The place I seek? Who can help me find it?
Describe it?
                    Define it?
A place so far back in time no modern
                                                 vehicle,
No smart Bugatti, no supercharged white
                                                 van,
Could speed me there along an autobahn.
 

Perhaps the home I seek does not exist,
A place where politicians are mere rumours,
A place where race and religion do not
                                                          matter
And the rich cannot afford the entrance fee.
Perhaps all that I can do is grieve like
                                                    Cinderella
Among the ashes of forsaken dreams.


Maybe I seek the Land of Lost Content,
The land before our mama ate the apple.
The land that was before I learned to walk
And still lay sleeping in my plastic cradle.
.


Trevor John Karsavin Potter.
December 28th. - 30th. 2018. - January 7th. 2019.
January 21st. 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment