Saturday 4 March 2017

(1) The Wrong Picture. (Revised). (2) Chinese Seascape.

                    1

     The Wrong Picture. 


The girl in this photograph,
so like an old girl friend
but, not her.

The street in the wrong country.
The sky too pale a blue.-
Wind flower blue
too Nordic, too washed out.

I did not know that pain
could come back with such intensity,
could spike deep a second time.-

Joy,
a phoenix rising in the heart
on transient wings of flame.

The past,
a paradox of light and shade,
a place where hope seemed natural.

I drop the magazine in the bin.
There go my yesterdays.

                   

Seedlings planted out in May
always reached maturity,
our tiny plot of moss and flowers
out glitzed the tarmac gardens.

My nervous fingers slowly stretch
across the qwerty keyboard
searching for an answer.

Must I always fall in love
with faces that are similar,
live in a world of mirrors?

Hoping that this image
may reflect a better future
I return to the photograph.

I am thinking of a different street.
Poplars bending in the wind.
Kinder at play, parents dozing fitfully
on verandas dark with vines.

The girl in this photograph
would pass me on the side walk.
Her image in this magazine
has warped my sense of time.


Trevor John Karsavin Potter.
February 25th.- March 4th. - 17th. - 18th. 2017.
-------------------------------------------------------------

                      2

        Chinese Seascape


Balsa islands in a black sea.
White swans drifting.
Even I forget the pace of time.


Trevor John Karsavin Potter.
March 18th. 2018. 

No comments:

Post a Comment