Thursday 12 June 2014

Two Poems (1) West Country Woman. A Song. (2) The Painting.

                1

West Country Woman.


West Country Woman,
Hair wilder than moorland bracken,
Face redder than solstice fire;
I will not forget your peppery laughter,
Your sealskin hands,
Your restless eyes.
You touched me to the quick
With your snide and insolent words
That Sunday last November.

You had lit a flame in the heather,
A raw, storm frenzied beacon,
To draw my barque to the shallows
Where the jagged rocks lay waiting,
Stone dragons concealing their claws.

I had once dreamed you were my lover,
But I now know you are merely a robber,
A snatcher of hearts and of chattels,
A wrecker of ship loads of lives.

I once dreamed that we two should marry,
But your tongue is a thorn bush of lies.


Trevor John Karsavin Potter.
June 10th. - 11th. - 12th. - 13th. 2014.
Torquay, Devon.
Amended January 11th. 2020. =============================

                  2

        The Painting.


black on black on black on black
black dissolving into grey
black on black on black on black
white
grey
blue evolving into grey
white
black on black on black on black
grey
blue
no semblance of a human face
no trace of me or you


Trevor John Karsavin Potter
June 16th. 2014.

Recalling a visit to an art gallery with Layla.

No comments:

Post a Comment